Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Sunday Task


Okay, I forgot to take a picture of my vegetables waiting to be washed and cut up, so you'll just have to use your imagination with this picture, sorry!

A few weeks ago, I was looking for a recipe that I never did find, but I stumbled across an article that talked about time-saving things that you should do on Sundays to get ready for the week.  One of them was washing and cutting all of your fruits and veggies that you would use that week.  I have to say that for the past few weeks, I have been doing just that and it makes a big difference!

Here a few thoughts/pros:

  • We have been eating LOTS more fruits and vegetables because they are there and ready-to-go. 
  • There will be less waste.  You will not look in the back of the fridge in 2 weeks and realize that the peppers you bought are now more wrinkly than a raisin.  
  • Have your kids help you.  If you have children, give them a job to help.  My oldest can peel carrots, the middle washes them and my youngest picks up any errant peels that fall on the ground.  I have heard that kids are more likely to eat food that they help to prepare.  (That and ranch dressing goes a long way in our house!)
You obviously don't have to do these things on Sundays, if that isn't a great day for you, pick another evening or time that works best for you.  I have a friend who will take an evening every so often to make a bunch of pancakes with her husband to go into the freezer.  Quality time comes in all different packages...

No comments:

Post a Comment