Monday, October 13, 2014

Frugal Quick Tip: Start Your Christmas Lists




If I were Santa, I would be starting to think about the holidays.  I 'shop' all year round at garage sales, set aside presents from hand-me-down bags, and tuck away clearance finds.  Now is the time to go through your present stash and take inventory.  As we are still stuffing my family of six in our 1400 square foot starter home, I try to keep toys/gifts/clutter/junk/stuff to an absolute minimum.  I have the usual gifts of leggings and new bathing suits to give, but there will be few new toys to speak of.  So, I have come up with a little list of filler ideas to make the tree look less empty underneath.
  • Wrap up food:  I did this last year with natural fruit leather, Goldfish, cereal (a very exciting treat because we usually have oatmeal) or Annie's Mac 'n Cheese.
  • Activity Coupons:  I try to make my kids aware of the fact that swim lessons, basketball, ballet and Girl Scouts all cost money.  It is not a right to do these things, it is a privilege.  Therefore, Santa is helping defray the costs of these things by bringing a coupon for the next session of tball.
  • Playdate Coupon:  I plan to do this one this year.  I want to think of an activity that each child (save my obstinate two-year-old) can do with a friend of their choice.
I'd love to hear any more ideas that you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment